Monday, November 17, 2008

ME!!!!

Well everyone,

Who would have thought that my year would end like this? I never knew what I found last week would end up to this. Last week Saturday I found a lump in my breast and went to the doctor, expecting her to give me something and send me home, instead she insisted that I go for a Mammogram and a scan. She said don't worry, only routine, yeah right.
Well there the fun began, the mammogram showed some calcification as well as 2 lumps. The scan showed more calcification and the 2 lumps and the radiologist insisted I visit a surgeon. Well I went to the Surgeon on Thursday and he drew some tissue out of the lump (by the way for those of you who do not know I am terrified of needles), and he sent it away.

On Friday we took Gareth to an Allergy clinic and we discovered that the he is EXTREMELY allergic to peanuts, but everything is getting better.

Well the doc phoned at 16:00 to give me the dreaded news, the tissue tested positive for breast cancer. This is a huge shock as according to all the statistics etc, I do am not classified as a risk at all, but as they say statistics lie.

Well today I am off to the radiologist for some x-rays and tomorrow to an Oncologist for a bone scan and further blood tests. Then on Wednesday it is back to the surgeon to discuss treatment.

I am trusting God that treatment will be minimal and that HE will carry us through. Thus far, the Lord has give both Ed and I such peace about this whole thing. God is truly AWESOME. He has also given me a fantastic support system, and a Wonderful husband, who is so supportive.
THANK YOU GOD!!!

I will try and give a daily note of what is happening and keep you all up to date.

Please keep us in your prayers and remember that GOd will never leave us nor forsake us.

Chat again tomorrow.

Lindika

No comments: