Thursday, December 11, 2008

2 Days to go

2 days to go and counting, but let me tell you not the exciting kind. I must be honest everything still feels a bit like a dream, like it is not happening to me.

I am going in to hospital tomorrow at about 8, then they operate on Saturday at 8. Hospital is Blaauwberg Netcare. Tomorrow morning I am going for a scan then a lunch with work, so today was my last official day of work for the year.

Today I went and had my hair cut pretty short. I have been growing it for about 5 months now, and decided that it would just be much easier to cut it than to see it fall out, still adapting though. But I had a great experience at the hairdresser, I was looking for a style and showed my hairdresser and one lady asked me, why I was cutting it so short, so I told her, shame her whole face dropped as her mouth hang wide open. Shame she felt so bad for asking, but that was not the great experience. These two other ladies that were there immediately came over to me and said can we pray for you, it was so nice.

The medical aid has finally been sorted out, thanks to my wonderful husband, he went to see them.

This is my last blog entry before my op, the next one will probably only be late next week, if not the week after.

Here is a verse which touched me and gave me something to hold onto this week.

1 Samuel 17:45 "You come to me with sword, spear and javelin, but I come to you in the name of the Lord of Heaven's Armies - the God of the armies of Isreal whom you have defied.

I feel that I am facing a giant and we are at war, but I know that God is in control and will be with me, just like he was with David and helped him do what no other could. Thank you God!!!

No comments: