Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Today, 26 November 2008

We went back to the surgeon today, he wanted to go over the whole process again and he also wanted to check my lymph nodes again. According to Oncologist, she said that she felt that the lymph nodes felt different and would probably need to be removed and radio therapy would be needed.

According to the surgeon, they felt fine and still not necessarily needs to be removed. They will check one while in theatre, where they remove one and they freeze it and the pathologist checks it while they are busy and if there is a problem, they will need to remove some of them. Otherwise, they will be left alone. Please continue to pray that they are fine, because this is 1 less drainage which will be required and also that drainage is the one that takes 2 weeks before it is removed. We had a question time with the doc today, where he answered alot of the questions which were flying through our heads. It was quite "nice" to get these answers.

We spoke about the process of the medical aid, because I have opted for immediate reconstruction, the medical aid must first give authorisation. The delay is that the oncologist has to first register me with the oncology programme with our medical aid, then only can they think of giving authorisation for the reconstruction. Such a mission. Why is nothing as easy as it seems. Fortunately the doctor confirmed that this is currently not life threatening, in other words, if I do not have the op within the next month, I will still be fine as far as physical is concerned. I said to him that physically I may be fine, but emotionally and psychologically i will be an absolute wreck. But we won't wait a month, as soon as I know that they have submitted the letters, I will call the medical aid and put some pressure on them. It is really frustrating not knowing, Can't even make arrangements for Christmas etc.

I decided last night that I am going to cut my hair short before Christmas. I have been growing my hair for about 4 - 5 months now and it is really going to be heartsore to loose my long hair, rather than shorter hair. Have not quite decided yet how short though!

I will post again as soon as I have ANY news for you. Hopefully a date will be fantastic.

Have a great day and be blessed

Lindka

No comments: