Sunday, November 30, 2008

Update

Hello everyone

Sorry only updating now, but been a bit busy.
We finally got hold of the medical aid to get everything sorted out. The Oncology benefit should be registered today and all expenses which is on my day to day will be moved to oncology, so at least we will still have some medical aid for the rest of the year. One Friday I also called the medical aid to discuss the approval of the Op and was told that the op is to take place on the 15th of Dec. Approval should be received by tomorrow the latest. Please continue to pray, as if this does happen then the drainage will be removed by the 22nd, but if they need to remove lymph nodes then the 2nd drainage is only due to be removed 29 December which is just nicely over Christmas.

I am feeling incredibly tired all the time, not sure if it is perhaps emotional strain or what, will have to ask the doctor. But by 9 everynight, I can not keep my eyes open and just go to bed.
I am trying to get through the end of year things that need to be done at home, like clearing out cupboards etc. but am really struggling. The weekend was good, emotionally, did not have much time to think of anything to do with the op, except I went and bought some jammies for the hospital on Saturday. Still need another pair though, but struggling to face the shops. I went to Makro on Saturday and let me tell you, it was an absolute nightmare. I do not have the energy to stand in long queues any more. Fortunately I have done most of my Christmas shopping, so only a few more to go. And those I have not bought for by the time I go in, well sorry but it will just have to be tough.

Ed and the boys played a tennis tournament yesterday, it was called Generation Gap, the youngsters had to play with someone from another generation. Brandon played with Ed and Gareth unfortunately had to play with someone else. This was good for us all and we kept busy and was so involved with all this. Gareth won a Prince Tennis Bag, which he is so excited about.

I would like to leave you with a verse which is one of the verses which means so much to me at the moment.
Isaiah 54:10

Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you.

May God continue to bless us all.

Till later

Lin

No comments: